Extreme Home Abs Workout For Men
Bored with crunches and slow-paced ab workouts? Make your abs cry with this extreme home combo.
It doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. This workout is for you if you're bored with crunches and "yogalates" exercises.
So, you want a dynamic abs workout that's fast and efficient?
Okay, but you won't get abs unless...
You do other full body strength and endurance workouts that will burn your belly fat.
How to do the extreme abs workout
- 10 T Rotation Planks (on each side)
- 10 Lying Leg Raises
- 10 V Ups
- 5 sec Superman Plank
- Repeat for 6 rounds.
- Rest: 10 sec between exercises, 90 sec between rounds
- Adjust the reps as needed to make it challenging for you.
Check out the video below for a quick summary.
Learn how to do the included exercises below. Or check out 10 best abs exercises you can do at home. Or find out what is the best bodyweight exercise for each muscle group.
T Rotation Plank
Starting position: Push Up position. Hands shoulder width apart.
- Rotate your body to a side plank, starting with your feet.
- As you're turning to one side, lift the arm straight off the floor and open up your chest.
- Your body should now be in a straight line with the arms in the shape of a T. The lifted arm pointing towards the ceiling.
- Lower your body back to Push Up position. Repeat on the other side. This is one rep.
Lying Leg Raises
Starting position: Lie face-up on the floor, lower back pressed to the ground. Legs extended straight in front, feet together.
- Place hands by your side, or under your pelvis for extra spine support.
- Tighten your core and start lifting your legs off the floor, keeping them as straight as possible.
- Aim to lift legs until they are vertical to the floor. Control the movement with your abs.
- Slowly return legs down, keeping your core engaged throughout the whole movement.
Note: Beginners should keep hands under pelvis until enough core strength is developed to lift legs without overarching the back.
Starting position: Lie face-up on the floor, with your arms stretched overhead and legs straight.
- Lift your legs and arms slightly off the floor.
- Contract your core and simultaneously lift torso and legs as if you're trying to touch toes with your hands.
- At the top position of the movement, your arms and legs should be vertical and meet right above your hips.
- Roll back down to starting position.
Starting position: Lying on the mat straight, face-down. Arms in front of you, hands together, touching the ground. Legs straight on the ground, feet together.
- Contract your core.
- Push through your hands and feet to lift the hips up, keep the body straight and tight.
- Hold the position for set time