How To Get V Cut Lower Abs - Tips & Exercises
Cut is one of the symbols of attractive fit physique. But is this V shaped line on the lower abs a matter of genetics?
Some people have ab genetics that make their lower abs pop faster, but don't worry - you can make your lower abs more defined, too.
Keep in mind:
- reducing body fat has more effect on the V Cut than any exercise
- if you have really big ab muscles they will start to show sooner, but you still need to focus on getting shredded with the right nutrition
Here are the exercises and tips that help you achieve a V cut without going to the gym.
Your have to include exercises for the external oblique muscles (on the side of your abs) and for the lower part of the rectus abdominis muscle (the muscle that forms the visible "sixpack"):
Lying Leg Raises
- For extra resistance hold an object between your feet (such as a plastic bottle of water).
- Lower your legs down as slowly as you can to feel your abs work harder.
Hanging Knee, Side & (Straight) Leg Raises
- For better abs contraction in hanging exercises try the following - place something between your knees and grasp it firmly. By activating your adductor muscles you can contract your abs stronger.
Leave this exercise based on seconds instead of reps for the end of your workout round. It's great for putting in extra work after your abs are already tired. Hold the position for as long as you can ranging from 30 sec - 2 min.
Training & Nutrition
How many reps and sets should you be doing?
Remember that building visible abs is not just about abs exercises. It's about challenging full body workouts, good nutrition AND extra ab work (see a list of more abs exercises with tips). When doing the above suggested exercises or other similar version, aim for the following:
- 3-5 sets
- 6-13 reps
- 60-90 sec rest between rounds, 30-60 seconds rest between exercises
How to eat to get V Cut abs?
There is more than one way to get shredded.
Either you can choose the detailed meal planning approach:
Count calories, weigh every ingredient or plan your macros for every meal. It's efficient and might get you to your goal faster, but it involves lots of numbers and planning. If you want results this way you have to be ready to focus 100% and take nutrition as your hobby for a while until you learn how to do it all right.
Choose the more relaxed shredding lifestyle based on habits:
Choose how much and what you based on simple rules and intuitive portion sizes. Don't count every calorie or gram you eat, build your meals from food groups according to how much you train. Nutrition Guide helps you get all the benefits of planned nutrition without too much planning! Get simple guidelines and easy recipes to start right away. The in-app version of the Nutrition Guide is available in the Madbarz Premium, along with home workout plans!